As society turns to a digital world and people enjoy the flexibility of working from home, how do you know what you’re getting into when you hire an online consultant? So many people put smoke and mirrors as their business face and it’s difficult to tell whether you are being told truth or lies. So how do you distinguish between the two? Here are a few key points to consider:
- Do they provide references, successes and failures? Past work is often a great way to tell how the end product turned out.
- How will they be measuring success? Success should be measured throughout the project to ensure it’s being kept on track and in the end you can see how far you’ve actually come.
- What documentation of the work completed will you be getting?
- Take a look around their office. Is their website professionally designed? Are things easily accessible in a logical way? Is it welcoming or unorganized? A website should be like seeing into someone’s business and getting a taste of what they are really like.
- Do you get an overall good feeling like you want to dive in right away? Go with your first instincts.
- Does your personality and chemistry mesh?
Don’t forget that in order to have a great relationship with an online consultant, you need to put in the effort to communicate as well. If everything is one-sided the project will never be a success. But if both parties communicate, then you’re on your way!
I’d love for you to leave a comment and share some of the best and worst experiences you’ve had with an online consultant.